The IRFZ44N is a N-channel MOSFET with a high drain current of 49A and low Rds value of 17.5 mΩ. It also has a low threshold voltage of 4V at which the MOSFET will start conducting. Hence it is commonly used with microcontrollers to drive with 5V. However a driver circuit is needed if the MOSFET has to be switched in completely.
- Small signal N-Channel MOSFET
- Continuous Drain Current (ID) is 49A at 25°C
- Pulsed Drain Current (ID-peak) is 160A
- Minimum Gate threshold voltage (VGS-th) is 2V
- Maximum Gate threshold voltage (VGS-th) is 4V
- Gate-Source Voltage is (VGS) is ±20V (max)
- Maximum Drain-Source Voltage (VDS) is 55V
- Rise time and fall time is about 60ns and 45ns respectively.
- It is commonly used with Arduino, due to its low threshold current.
- Available in To-220 package